It’s been many months since I’ve had a “month in review” post.
In the beginning I found it useful to give myself some direction each month, but the last six months have felt more focused on different obstacles that have naturally presented themselves.
I wanted to take a few moments to reflect on the last few months and to look ahead at the coming months.
Some of the highlights of the last six months include:
- Launching let’s chill beta
- Learning how to structure code better
- Learning more core ruby and programming fundamentals
- Improving problem solving abilities on smaller problems
- Learning how to tackle the technical interview
I expect the next thee to six months to be pretty crazy as I start my new gig in Melbourne. I think I’ll be putting in a lot of extra time on my own to ensure a smooth transition. While the role focuses primarily on back-end ruby, I expect that I will get exposure to the following:
- Angular JS
- React JS
- Vanilla JS
- Extensive TDD/BDD testing
On a random side note, I’ve finally updated my about pages and added a tech section on the site. The tech area will likely cover light-hearted tech interests and the occasional code discussion.
Other things I’m looking forward to in Melbourne include:
- Mentoring other developers in meetups
- Contributing to exercism.io open source
- Rebuilding/restructuring let’s chill in my spare time
I’m totally pumped to get started!
Don’t miss a post by following on the right hand side of the blog or via Twitter @chestertus